Friday, January 7, 2011

Fridge decor

Our fridge has finally given up the ghost.  It is nearly 18 years old and to be honest, it has been threatening to go for about two years now, but we lovingly coax it back into life for a little longer every time... I think the constant opening and shutting over the last few days during the heat wave was the final straw.  Tomorrow our new fridge will be delivered and this old 'friend' will be taken away so I have been removing all the magnets, art, notices, photographs, take-out menus and other stuff that was randomly stuck all over it.
Now I'm sorry that I didn't take a photo of it before I removed everything, because honestly its amazing what was on there!  Photographs that date back a good few years, pictures my girls drew when they were in nursery school - they are 13 and 15 now (!), take away menu's from places that I haven't even heard of, much less ordered food from, various magnets and postcards - I think that's where most postcards end up.  Fortunately I have never succumbed to fridge poetry.
Like most, I have lusted after a SMEG fridge since I left home, but apart from the prohibitive price tag, I wouldn't know what colour to get - love them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment