Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4 Simple Goals update....

Encouraged by Elsie of A Beautiful Mess, in August this year I promised myself that I would complete 4 simple goals by the end of 2010.  I am proud to say that I have achieved all of those goals and I am planning to do the same in 2011!   
The first was to become a blood donor and this morning I donated blood for the 3rd time.  Like most people, I am pretty squeamish when it comes to needles, so I am quite proud of myself.  Not only have I completed one of those goals, but I am giving something of myself – it feels good.   
The 2nd goal was to paint Sarah’s wardrobe – it turned out so well too – she loves it.   
My 3rd goal was to drink more water!  Sounds simple enough, but I am a bit of a camel – I tend not to drink enough during the day.  I now fill a glass of water when I get to work every morning and top it up every time it nears half way.  That way I am not conscious of exactly how much I am drinking and not feeling pressurized to drink the prescribed ‘8 glasses a day’.  I also add a couple of slices of cucumber and some mint – its quite delicious! 
My final goal is to give thanks – every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment