Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Letters

My mum lent me The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society to read and I am really enjoying it.  It is a fast and easy read and I love the characters in the book.  I believe that there is a screenplay in development and in a way I would love to see this book as a movie, but I wonder how they will translate the letters into the movie?  I also know that I am often disappointed in the people that are cast for the roles – I have a very clear image in my head of what ‘my’ characters look like!
But the actual book is not the point of this blog entry.  I love writing and receiving letters but, like most people these days, I send and receive them via email.  There is something very special about getting a letter in the post – especially a hand written one!  Plus, I have a bit of a thing for stationery so I have a lot of beautiful note cards and writing paper that just aren’t being used.  I think it is time to start writing letters again instead of emails – hopefully the recipients will write back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment