Thursday, May 27, 2010

French food, French movies....

I only managed to finish watching Julia & Julie last night and after my craving for salads (that I still have) I now also have a strong desire to make Boeuf Bourguignon!  I will have to find the Julia Child recipe of course - I have a feeling after the release of the movie it became a very popular meal!
Apparently we are due to get our first snowfalls on the mountains sometime in the next 24hours.  Snow is not a regular occurrence in this part of the world and only really falls on the highest peaks, but you can definitely feel it in the air this morning.  As Emma doesn’t have an exam tomorrow and Danie is still away (a shame really as today is our 15th wedding anniversary!) I am thinking along the lines of a delicious meal (I don’t think it can be Boeuf Bourguignon tonight, not enough time), a roaring fire and movie like Amelie....



Image from We Heart It

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a Boeuf Bourguignon with sliced potatoes and carrots. Delicious ! Amélie Poulain is a funny film that depicts a romantic vision of Paris :)

    Cathy
    French online

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend new french movie: Les Émotifs anonymes :)

    ReplyDelete