Thursday, May 20, 2010

Missing my chickens

The more time I spend on Jaime’s blog, the less able I am to tear myself away from it.  I adore these pictures that she took on a farm in Missouri, Alldredge Orchards.  I have a bit of a thing for chickens and ducks, we used to keep two chickens at home until one of our builders took them home (for the pot no doubt) when we were doing renovations a few years ago.  I have been wanting the replace them ever since but Danie is a little reluctant even though he was the one who bought the last two hens and built them a very lovely home!  Apart from the fact that they were in and out of the house all day and not well toilet trained (!) they kept the garden free of pests and both Henny Penny and Daisy laid a single glorious egg everyday.




All images From Me To You

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, your story is so wonderful! I wish I could have a fresh egg everyday! Thanks for using my images to bring your memory to life and share with us!

    ReplyDelete